Wednesday, January 15

a 'little bookshelf all of my own'...

upon returning stateside, before Mr Jet Lag set in and Mr Lurgy got a little pushy, i made a 'little bookshelf all of my own'. i was spurred on to do such a thing because of the most beautiful books gifted to me by my most marvelous mother~in~law 'Ma', from her most marvelous book collection...


i am really really rather fond of my little book collection, some from my childhood, others found me along the way, some sent by kind folks, quite a few vintage, several not, but each and everyone a treasure to own. they have lived in several little clusters on several little shelves around our Mossy Shed for quite the few years now. however upon my arrival home and the need to remove the jolly tree from the corner of the fireplace, a rather splendid thought came to mind. for the shelf that runs along the fireplace would be most perfectly suited to show my little book collection just how much i care about them.



next to their booky wonderment i placed quite possibly one of my most treasured things of all time, a small portrait painted by my brother of Little Olive. it was quite frankly, one of the most loveliest christmases we have had in the longest time and to be able to share it with my brother and his clan, in old blighty, along with my folks and my clan, in old blighty, was beyond joyful. 


so whenever i am feeling tres far from home, i will look upon my 'little bookshelf all of my own' and see my Little Olive picture amongst its booky wonders, recall our most joyful christmas and not feel quite so far far away.

1 comment:

noodleBubble said...

oooh!Lovely collection! ...and I can't stop looking at that tin! noodleBubble X